Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Thing of Beauty



Spring is officially here I already began visiting my favorite green areas in and around the city. Laying out in a garden on a weekend recently I found out what a positive effect it can have on the nerves. I contributed much of this to the flowers, and decided to bring some home to recreate that effect. Well it worked, but the key is to arrange them yourself. I challenge any non-believers to take a Claritin if you have to, and pick up a pruning knife.

Footnote: The photos in this post are by Nobuyoshi Araki, whose is very passionate about flowers... along with hookers and rope bondage. His tome titled 'Araki', all about flowers, is published by Taschen and worth taking a look at ($3500 a pop) whether or not his other passions are quite your speed.